smoked meatballs?

jeff davidson

TVWBB Super Fan
we're having our annual holiday party tomorrow, I figure I can alway convert chris' delicious meat loaf receipe into a meatball recipe but was wondering if anyone has a smoked meatball recipe?

The WSM is just an outdoor oven that adds a little sumpin with smoke.
Take your favorite Italian meat ball recipe and have at it.( don't overcook, take em to 160)
I don't do cocktail sized on Italian, more like a half a fist sized and I simmer in gravy to finish.
Serve over pasta or a crunchy bun with plenty of cheese.:wsm:

Tim

I love these pork bites. Calls for fresh pork but I prefer Italian sausage with this recipe. From the blackpeppercorn.com:
Ingredients
2 lb ground pork
2 Tbsp creole seasoning
1 egg
1 Cup bread crumbs
cup milk
cup BBQ sauce
3 jalapeno peppers, cored and minced
150 g medium cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes

Directions
Set the smoker to 250F using wood bisquettes of choice.
In a small bowl, mix together the ground pork, creole seasoning, egg, bread cumbs, milk, BBQ sauce and jalapeño peppers until thoroughly combined.
Grab a small handful of the meat mixture and form a meatball that is about 1½ inches in size. Make a small indentation in the middle, with your thumb. Press a cube of cheddar cheese into the indentation and fold the meat around the cheese so that it is covered. Using your two hands, roll the meat around so that it is fairly round. Place the meatball on the Bradley smoking rack. Do this with the remaining meat and cheese.
Place the smoking racks in the Bradley smoker. Smoke the meatballs until they reach an internal temperature of 160F, about 2½ hours.

thanks for the suggestions, I ended up creating my own recipe as I saw dustin's recipe too late:

2lb ground beef (80/20)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
2 tsp salt
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp black pepper

smoked at 300 for 45 mins.

the key was the high cheese content, waa a big hit. rave reviews.

Back