Smoked Franks on a New Master Touch

Lee Murrah

I picked up a Master Touch grill at Home Depot Saturday and injured only two fingers putting it together. I had seen a You Tube video in which a guy strongly recommended smoking franks, which had never occurred to me as being a good candidate for barbecue. We had family coming over for a late Sunday lunch, and I decided to smoke some beef sausages I had in the freezer, and I decided to pick up some jumbo Hebrew National frankfurters as well as a test. I cooked them both indirectly for about two hours with mesquite chunks.

As I was taking the sausages and franks off the grill, I broke one of the franks and decided that I'd might as well sample the result. Very good. I gave my wife a piece of it, and she raved about how good it was.

Later after lunch I asked her whether she had had the beef sausage or the frankfurter for her meal. "Beef sausage" she said because I do no like weenies, and the one we sampled off the the grill was very good."

"Sweetheart, that was not the beef sausage we sampled. That was the frank," I said.

"Oh, I guess I do like franks, at least smoked ones." She replied.

"

Back