Smoke wood in Ct.

Hi Tim,
I use Natures Own they have a good selection and you don't get beat up too bad on shipping cost since they are in RI. I was surprised on how hard of a time it is getting wood in CT I thought with all the orchards and maple trees around here it would be easy to get. I also just looked at your pics of the brisket it looked great nice job on your first smoke!

Not sure about CT but I put a wanted ad on Craig's List and had a bunch of people emailing me with free wood. I got about two bushel of pecan for free.

Just got a present from the ups dude... My order came in from Natures Own. 20#'s of apple and cherry... Just intime for my bback smoke tomorrow...
icon_cool.gif

this is in r.i.but they have everything and ship on the cheap, its called peoples woods
51 graystone street
warwick, ri 02887
1-800-443-6450
they also have a website

Tim,
Glad to see you got your order so quickly. I have been happy with their service and product. I should have mentioned that some of the chunks come through a little large and need to be cut I just give them a tap with my maul and they split quite easily. I noticed that you are doing some ribs hope all goes well with it. I just threw 3 racks on just a couple of minutes ago but I won't be enjoying them today, wrapping them up and bringing them down to Yankee Stadium tomorrow I hope they reheat well never have any leftovers to reheat.

Hey Don,
It does look like great wood, and, as you said, some of the chunks are large. Just split em up, no prob,,,

My smc is comming up to temp right now,,,, Gonna throw on the ribs in a little bit. Have fun at the game!

Back