Smoke tri tip, sort of.

Jason in CA

TVWBB All-Star
I've been busy lately and wanted to do smoked ribs on the kettle. Unfortunately my schedule said no. So I have a tri tip on the gasser. But I did put a couple wood chunks on the flavorizor bars. So it's going to get a bit of smoke flavor. Going through everyone else's threads is making me jealous, and my mouth is watering. Anyhow, here's what I have on in honor of smoke day.

IMG_20200525_171234815.jpg

Sometimes you can only do what time permits, and I don't think anybody would turn down a nice tri-tip!

Here we are in stage II of our fire restrictions so no charcoal. That's why I have two nice gassers one an NG and the other a LP.
the E320 is NG and that's are summer oven.
The Gen 2000 is our griddle cooker and short cook grill. I have done lots of steaks Tri-Tips, roasts, Etc. on the gassers and with excellent results. Even some Baby Backs that I did high heat last summer and they came out great.. A couple of chunks of wood on the FBs works great.
I just bought a pellet smoke tube seeing that I have a pellet grill now so I'm going to experiment with that to see if i can get a little more smoke flavor when using the gassers.
Nothing wrong when time is short to use the gasser.

Back