Smithfield Baby Back Ribs

Jason Wayne

TVWBB Fan
They are on sale here this week. Anyone had these before? Are they enhanced?

Will the quality be significantly reduced if I buy a few racks to throw in the freezer?

Food Lion? is so, yes they are enhanced. but i have had good success with them. i just rinse them off a few times then soak in apple juice over night. rinse off, pat dry, mustard slather and a no salt rub. i plan on doing 4 racks sunday, but will probably do them on the kettle indirect since i have to work till noon.

Yup, Food Lion!

Hmm...so, I guess I wouldn't be able to do the BRITU recipe with them? Or just leave the salt out of the BRITU recipe?

What were they on sale for? You can buy non-enhanced spares and baby back ribs at Sams or Costo any time for less than what most stores offer at "sale" price.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matt Jones:
Looks like $2.99 a pound, last time I was in BJ's, an un-enhanced 3 pack was $3.29 a lb I believe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was thinking $3.49 at my BJ's but you may be right.

They're much better than Smithfield but the Smithfield ones aren't bad either.
icon_smile.gif

They might have went up again, haven't been in there for awhile, I just noticed they went up from the normal $2.99 price when summer hit.
icon_smile.gif

2.99 a lb. They are 3.69 or so per lb here in TN....

I would be fine going to get some at Sam's or Costco instead, but the family is all excited for the 2.99 cost. Would I be better to get the Costco/Sam's ribs?

the smithfields are fine if you prep them right. the 1st time i didn't realize they were enhanced and did as normal(salty rub) and they were good, but tasted more like ham. even soaking in water overnight should help pull out some of the "enhancing" solution.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jason Wayne:
2.99 a lb. They are 3.69 or so per lb here in TN....

I would be fine going to get some at Sam's or Costco instead, but the family is all excited for the 2.99 cost. Would I be better to get the Costco/Sam's ribs? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The racks of Smithfield's BBR's that I've bought are also pretty small compared to BJ's.

BJ's prices for BB's. Over the Winter $2.99lb. Last Friday $3.29lb this Friday $3.49lb. Non enhanced, priceless.
icon_wink.gif
And yes I bought a 3 pack of them again today and they are going on the WSM Sunday.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Back