Small Shorthorn brisket flat

don't mean at all to sound condescending...
seen b &b at ace, never heard anything about it... however, stubbs to me was VERY disappointing. bought so many bags after hearing how great it was, i sold it all for 5 bucks a bag.
and all royal oak stuff is junk to me.

man, i really hate talking charcoal.
Bob, who brought this up?
Me...

Blue Hogs Briquettes (BHB) non-ridge version review:

I have used the BHB for two cooks and I love the stuff. My First cook using it I posted in the photo gallery. I set the grill up in a confirmation I had never used so it was a weird cook to try a new charcoal. However, I really like the charcoal after that first cook. Today, I went for another cook with it, chicken pieces with the vortex. Both cooks I was impressed with how little white smoke come from the chimney, within minutes, it is a completely clear burn. Also while in the chimney the was no drop and when I pour it, it stays together really well.
So today's cook, I dumped the chimney into the vortex, put the lid on and went inside, no more then a few minutes later I remembered I forgot to put the grates in so I went back out and literally was so surprised I said, "what the h*!!" The thermometer was pinned within a very few minutes!
IMG_20210309_193656.jpg

IMG_20210309_193651.jpg
I put the pile of chicken on and went inside and got talking about the intersection of space and place theory and trauma studies with my wife and didn't get back out for 40 mins and the kettle was still sitting just below 600 and I took the chicken off.
IMG_20210309_193644.jpg
IMG_20210309_193609.jpg
I struggled to get my vortex above 500 unless I used Weber charcoal or at least half Weber Charcoal, BHB aced the vortex test with more then perfect scores! This was a great cook. The only thing that is keeping me from ordering more BHB right now is the fact that what I got and what Bob and Jim got seem to be different products. Next up is the low and slow with the limited space in the WSM 14 test and see how it fairs.

About the new Blues Hog charcoal.
I sent them a photo of what the grooved ones look like in my bag, and the un-grooved ones they show on their FB page. Their reply:
"Thanks for the photos. We will try to get to the bottom of this. Stay tuned."
Any further response from Blue Hogs?

About the new Blues Hog charcoal.
I sent them a photo of what the grooved ones look like in my bag, and the un-grooved ones they show on their FB page. Their reply:
"Thanks for the photos. We will try to get to the bottom of this. Stay tuned."
Translation: "We're going to totally ignore your request for an unreasonable length of time in hope that you forget, but if necessary will crank the bullshitometer to 11 and feed you some completely useless doublespeak designed to make you shut up and go away."

I used to be in IT. ;)

Back