Small Gathering w/ food

Jeremy Calow

TVWBB Super Fan
I'm running solo for the next month and work has been a rather large pain in the back end as of late. So I called a few of my colleagues over on Friday for a bit of a hootenanny. Running solo for the whole time meant I didn't take the best pictures in the world, but I do have some to keep things interesting.

Started the night before smoking a "chunk-o-beef" for some chilli and tossed it in the slow cooker overnight for flavour enhancement.

I0000zdGq5L_ouU0.jpg

Chilli done
I0000ISmm3w0PWNg.jpg

Skin on picnic shoulder on for some carnitas, seasoned with only S&P, what more do you really need ;)
I0000ZdLZO9SArgo.jpg

After a solid 8 hrs smoking she's pulled to rest
I0000Ly9do9qRHC0.jpg

Also created a bit of a thing with a fair sized whole piece of backbacon, which was dusted and smoked, sliced and glazed w/ an Apple butter and whiskey sauce I threw together and resmoked.
I0000b5oJQboaR7Y.jpg

I added that to some tater tots, jalapenos and onions and a healthy sprinkling of parmesan cheese and some crema
I0000SKHcqZOR01k.jpg

Heres a bit of a plate
I00003tI05SpKco8.jpg

I missed the pictures of the sausage and pepperoni meatballs, but such is life hehe. The pile of empty bottles on my counter the next morning seems to suggest the food was alright and folks were having a good time either way.

Since there was some (read a lot of) leftovers, Sunday afternoon I decided that I wanted a burger... so I improvised, adding a couple of slices of the remaining back bacon and a slap of chilli, and some hot peppers and old cheddar and the crema. Damn that was a tasty burger.

I0000eNgMP7bFoh4.jpg

I've been trying to get back in the groove of photographing things while I am working since I had stopped that a few years back, but it's a re-learning process hehe. And apparently folks are more interested in eating my food than taking pictures of it... which I guess is a good thing.

Yum.

I really hate reaching for my phone, or worse, my DSLR, with grubby hands. I had the luxury last weekend of having a pretty good photographer waiting to snarf down brisket, I had him take a few pics, and he really make it look good. Your food looks really tasty.

Jeremy, you nailed that one for sure. It all looks fantastic but that bacon, TT dish and burger was way over the top.

Thanks guys, yea I think it worked out alright. I should also mention all that food plus a crackin' peach and Ranier cherry cobbler that arrived from one of the guests was really only to feed 8 people. Could have easily fed double that comfortably.

That tater tot dish came to me after our local summer rodeo week where one of the event tents was serving TT by the bucket. Usually I don't care much for tt, but add the right support staff and they are alright hehe.

Yum.

I really hate reaching for my phone, or worse, my DSLR, with grubby hands. I had the luxury last weekend of having a pretty good photographer waiting to snarf down brisket, I had him take a few pics, and he really make it look good. Your food looks really tasty.

I totally agree with you, though usually I have my wife around to help prep plates so I can document part of it. Ironically I know enough photographers around town, and yet I have never had any of them show up for me to cook for them. Their loss I guess hehe

Back