Slow Keyboard Response Times

I'm not sure. I guess I could try another board and see. I take it you're not having this problem since folks have been out of work?

No issues here. From what I've experienced over the years, most slow downs are related to the users computer. If I try and do much soon after booting up the virus scan is running, other times it doing updates.

When I worked for a living, things would slow down at SOD and EOD, I always suspected folks were shopping, reading mail and so forth at those times. No such thing from home.

It's usually due to network issues. When you're typing on a forum like this it's different than typing say on a native application sitting on your own hard drive. So the key response looks much different when there is a slow down or congestion on the node you're running on. More common now thanks to all the people on the internet

That's only partially true. Your browser IS a local application. The lags come when there's a JavaScript function running in the background that's trying to do something active with the backend, such as looking up user names when a '@' gets entered. A basic text entry is purely local. I have a wireshark running in the background, no data transmission. When I enter @LMichaels, I get a couple of dozen network packets for the name lookup.

So, no, not everything is a complete round trip to/from the host.

Back