Slab freezer

Lory Harrison

TVWBB Member
I think I posted this already, I'm going on spotty sleep with a friend's smoker build.

This is our slab cooler here at the grocery store where I buy all my brisket slabs.

This is a deep cooler, it's always overflowing. I've seen it go down and magically replenished the next day.
I gotta get a better pic one day, it's larger but there was some people wondering what I was doing so I did it quick.

image.jpg1_zps7tpgjk9e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Sorry if a duplicate!!!

Wow, now that's a supply of briskets!

$5.29/lb is a lot better than some of the prices I've seen around here, but I've also never seen a herd's worth all in one case. :)

Dang... if I can find brisket at all, it's a flat, and then usually 2-4 pounds. One new upscale store opened that carries whole packers, but they're about an hour away, and I guarantee it's more than $5.29/pound!

I wish we had a spread like that around here. The last brisket I cooked came from Kroger. It was a nice USDA Choice brisket, but it was about $75.

Seriously?? Wow I thought $2.99 a pound was a lot of money already. We have some Prime that are pricey but I already thought the standard was. We have coolers like this everywhere, Walmart, small stores, big ones, all grocery stores big or small. Brisket stacked to the sky year round. Wow too bad I can't mail some out. Everyone should have a slab when they want it.

This is the same store I was at, these are the smokers they have outside, this is where I got mine.

One day I'll get that $1k LyfeTyme smoker!! It's made in Uvalde which is real close to me.

image.jpg2_zpscrfjyti5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I want this!!!

image.jpg3_zpsb1gv02v4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

These are great too, it's too bad people let them rust out. This would be a great direct heat grill or a vertical smoker.

image.jpg5_zpseencku3i.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The one I have is right to the left of this one.

image.jpg4_zpsbadlk5zn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

You need two hands to lift the lids on these, we'll all of them except the drum barrel.

image.jpg6_zpsxbhof7g2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This is for tomorrow's smoke, both my wood smoker and my Halfa Weber will be fired up to smoke whole chickens, ribs and beef jerky, this is the prep below tonight for the beef jerky wood smoked tomorrow. It's a 6 hr smoke so I'm really looking forward to it. I'm out of brisket too so I have to buy another slab for next week in food.

image.jpg1_zpsdtcu4qia.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Seriously?? Wow I thought $2.99 a pound was a lot of money already. We have some Prime that are pricey but I already thought the standard was. We have coolers like this everywhere, Walmart, small stores, big ones, all grocery stores big or small. Brisket stacked to the sky year round. Wow too bad I can't mail some out. Everyone should have a slab when they want it.

That's why Texas Rocks! Here in Oregon we can find plenty of Brisket, it cost $3.00 to $3.50 a pound.

Back