Skyline Restore Question

Robert L in LA

TVWBB Member
Hello Everyone. I tried doing a search first but could not find so I thought I’d ask. I am in the middle of a Skyline Resto and had 2 quick questions. Is it still ok to use simple green and 0000 Steel Wool to clean a Skyline Lid without damaging the Skyline logo? Also I am missing one of the two plastic buttons to hold on the front panel (plastic flap like thing) Any workarounds if I am down a button?
Thanks all!
Robert

I think he is talking about the trim piece behind the wire condiment basket that I circled in yellow. You should be able to find a replacement at an auto parts store or maybe a hardware store.

ni1V2ky.jpg

I found some black plugs with slight panheads at my local Ace, auto section, I think they called them something like fender plugs? Might be wrong about the name but they are ab It the size of a nickel with ridged studs, just press straight through.

Tim, thank you for the plug advice. Worked like a charm! Bruce thank you for the picture. Another quick question: I can’t seem to get my skyline lid handle not to slide even after being tightened. The slots are oval shaped in the handle and I just can’t get it get it to tighten. Do any of you have any suggestions? Thank you.

Back