Simply Amazing, Weber...

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I got my WSM back in February, the center section had a small dent on the left hand side that kept the door from closing all the way. It had at least 1/4" opening at the top corner.

Not a big deal, because I'd read here about the door not sealing tight anyway. However, as time went on, I found that many cooks I could close the bottom vents 100% and still maintain a steady 250*.

So I wrote to Weber and asked about a way to straighten this out that wouldn't damage the porcelin coating. I thought that placing a short 1x2 on the inside and the outside of the door opening and tightening a couple of C-clamps would do the trick.

The guy at Weber (Fred) wrote back and said, "yeah, that might do the trick, but why don't I just send you out a new center section?"

FedEx just dropped off my new center section. How can you beat that for Customer Service? I just don't see myself ever buying a different brand of outdoor cooker.

Tom

You have been "Weberized". I share your feelings about the company and its customer relations. It is remarkable in this day and age that a company stands behind their product this way and when the customer says, "I got a problem", they fix it. I have found a similiar attitude at L.L. Bean and Cabela's has also been good. Then, there are the rest.

Paul

Weber is fantastic. It's hard to contain my enthusiasm whenever someone brings up outdoor cooking equipment.

My replacement bowl came today after I received my first WSM with damaged porcelain and Jim Minion kindly provided the Weber support number.

I just got off the phone with Weber customer support, I bought a Genesis Gold C gas grill from Amazon last week and received it today with a huge gash on the top of the stainless steel lid, so i called to see if Weber would replace it.

After talking to the guy for a few minutes, I told him about the WSM I bought and that I loved it. He mentioned this site and also told me that someone name Chris E that worked at Weber was a frequent contributor to this board!

Needless to say, i am getting my replacement lid!

I love Webers customer support!! Now I know why i will never buy any other brand!

He must have said Chris "B", but he really hasn't been here all that much. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Tom:

Here's another contribution from a Weberized WSM owner...

As detailed in my "It Arrived....But" thread, my WSM arrived from Amazon with badly chipped porcelain on the top and bottom sections. Well, guess what? After Paul G. (thanks tons, buddy!!!) gave me the Customer Service number and my dear wife called, Weber had a top and bottom section sent out via FedEx which arrived within 3 days as promised!!! The replacement parts beat the time it took to get my WSM here (8 days)!

I'm definitely sold on Weber! Sold, sold, sold!!

Mark

A buddy of mine has a double good Weber story.

After I conned him into buying the WSM on Amazon back in February for $150, the "lid" arrived damaged. Before he assembled it, he called Weber and told them the lid was damaged...which they promptly replaced a coupla days later. Upon assembly, he discovered that it was actually the bottom bowl that was damaged. He called Weber again, and again they sent him a replacement bowl.

He's now quite happy with everything Weber.

follow up..

I also shot an email over to Amazon voicing my displeasure about the damage and they offered to take $50 off the price. Of course I didn't mention I was getting a new lid from Weber..

Not too bad, getting a Genesis Gold C for only $449 /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Hey Paul...
Please do us a favor and post the Amazon email addy here.

Got a few words to tell 'em, too, but don't wanna jeopardize the nice relationship they have with TVWB.

Mark

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark B. Macanas:
[qb] Hey Paul...
Please do us a favor and post the Amazon email addy here.

Got a few words to tell 'em, too, but don't wanna jeopardize the nice relationship they have with TVWB.

Mark [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I'll do you a better favor and give you the hard to find customer service #:
Phone toll-free in the US and Canada: (800) 201-7575
Phone from outside the US and Canada: (206) 346-2992 or (206)-266-2992
Fax: (206) 266-2950

I took alot of looking to find it, but I found it on this site http://clicheideas.com/amazon.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back