Simple Maverick transmitter/ stoker table with lid holder

John K

I needed a table to hold my Maverick 732 transmitter and (future) DigiQ DX2. My buddy suggested I add a lid hanger to it. Not much money these days so this is what I came up with for about $15 bucks.

Used a deck board I had left after deck was built. You can use any board you have laying around. Bought a shelf bracket and a bicycle hook at Lowes for about $9 bucks.

Drilled two holes and strung a elastic shoestring between them then tied knots on the back. Put a drop of superglue on each knot then trimmed close.

Slip the stand of the Maverick under the elastic shoestring to hold transmitter in place.

This bicycle hook (Kobalt was the name brand) had to be modified some but it wasn't too bad.

Used a chair glide with threaded post which is ajustable for leveling table. Got at Home Depot for a few bucks.

Used mirror holding brackets for clips to hold on top lip of center section. Mirror brackets are strong and cheap. Package of four at Lowes about $2.50

Put two screws in each bracket for extra strength.

The best part is when you put your cover on you just lift it off. NO fuss and NO HOLES IN YOUR WSM!

Thanks for looking.

Well done!

My only question is, how does the chair glider hold up to the operating temps of the WSM?? I have no idea what they're made of or what their heat tolerances are... Other than that, it looks like the perfect addition without any permanent modifications to the WSM...

Again, great job!

That's really nice. I did something similar, hanging a shelf off the rim supported against the side by a strip of felt. No lid hanger on mine. But 3 attachment points with heavy duty hardware is really nice.

Thanks for all the great response! It was my pleasure. ;)
I have some other ideas in my head and if they work out I will post those also.

Back