silver vs spirit

JoshDowdle

TVWBB Member
Hey everyone

I'm sure this has been answered before but am i wrong in saying this just a silver b without the fold up table? the cookbox, burners, FBs and grates are all still the same? is there any difference in build quality i should be aware of?

Cheers
Josh

Attachments

• IMG_0754.png
    IMG_0754.png
    780.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0755.png
    IMG_0755.png
    588.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0756.png
    IMG_0756.png
    492.3 KB · Views: 21
I'm not sure but I think it is a 2005 or 2006 Spirit, and I'm guessing that the grates, flav bars, cookbox, burners are the same as a Silver B.

I'm not sure but I think it is a 2005 or 2006 Spirit, and I'm guessing that the grates, flav bars, cookbox, burners are the same as a Silver B.
Cheers Dan. Yes its definitely an 05ish spirit. I was thinking of grabbing it and restoring it for my dad but just wanted to double check its still worthwhile being a spirit. I was kind of under the impression based of some of the previous opinions here that the spirit isn't the same quality as the gennies. Thanks!

it sure looks like it has many internal parts the same as a Genesis Silver B/C

the weber schematics page for the 05 spirit lists the burners and the manifold are the same as a Silver B/C

if the price is right, go for it.

my silver c’s panel reads the same as the US ones I think
They might, you are an English speaking country after all, but I've even seen grills sent to Canada that had different control panels in both English and French. Take a picture of one of your Silver B panels and let's see if it's the same.

They might, you are an English speaking country after all, but I've even seen grills sent to Canada that had different control panels in both English and French. Take a picture of one of your Silver B panels and let's see if it's the same.
That makes sense!

Attachments

• IMG_0392.jpeg
    IMG_0392.jpeg
    175.9 KB · Views: 13
That is the exact same as the American version. Here is one of my rehabs. Same #8101 control panel.

20230730_094742.jpg

Late to the party, but I agree that the 2007 Spirit used most of the parts from the Genesis Silver of the preceding years. They dumbed it down a bit by eliminating the clips and swing tables, substituting a cheaper table and a condiment holder. As Larry said it was also the first fruits of Weber transferring production to China after their experiment with the purchase of the Ducane brand.

Late to the party, but I agree that the 2007 Spirit used most of the parts from the Genesis Silver of the preceding years. They dumbed it down a bit by eliminating the clips and swing tables, substituting a cheaper table and a condiment holder. As Larry said it was also the first fruits of Weber transferring production to China after their experiment with the purchase of the Ducane brand.
Thanks Jon. I was really just concerned about cook box and internals quality wise. I’m not bothered about side tables etc. thanks !

That is the exact same as the American version. Here is one of my rehabs. Same #8101 control panel.

View attachment 74220
Cheers Bruce, mine must be the real deal then haha. Any advice on a sloppy valve stem? I can grab the burner knob and it’ll wiggle a fair bit side to side. I did give the valves a clean out a couple of months back but I’ve noticed it’s been a lot worse recently.

Cheers Bruce, mine must be the real deal then haha. Any advice on a sloppy valve stem? I can grab the burner knob and it’ll wiggle a fair bit side to side. I did give the valves a clean out a couple of months back but I’ve noticed it’s been a lot worse recently.
So you took it apart to clean it? Was it loose before that? Did you check it for a leak? Does anything look visibly worn on that valve compared to the other ones? I'm just going down my trouble shooting checklist here.

Back