Silver B Shroud bolts

Dave_C

TVWBB Fan
The rehab bug has bitten !! Picked up a Genesis Silver B Limited edition, its a little rough but still has life!! Anybody know where to get the shroud bolts and other misc hardware. I don't seem to find these bolts on the Weber page?

Last edited:
Dye. The handles on each end were already black, but i dyed the lid handle and control knobs.

20200717 Genesis Silver C - Brown Head with cabinet (12).jpg

20200717 Genesis Silver C - Brown Head with cabinet (15).jpg

I could send you some of the factory bolts, but I would replace them with the bolts I pictured above.

I'm confused. My Silver C has the lid end caps that have the metal peg built in to the end cap and you attach the lid only using the self cutting nuts? No bolts required. I see your picture Bruce, is that lid from a Genesis 1000 series?

I like the black knobs and switches, by the way, probably going to do that to my Silver C restoration.

Not sure if it is a Genesis 1000. I am not sure what years have the aluminum studs and which use the bolts. But, I think that the bolts were used on the earlier grills to include some of the Silver series.

It would have to be earlier than the 2005 Silver that I have...my end caps have the smooth look (studs, not screws). But I think that the picture that Bruce posted is a mash-up, with an earlier lid on a later Silver C frame.

The original grill was a 2004 or 2005. I put a lid from a Gen 1000 on it, along with handle from an earlier Silver B. Everything else was the original grill.

It's a beauty, that's for sure! and the gene pool mixing only matters to the purists, who probably wouldn't dye the plastic, either.

EDIT: The round front swing tables is what gave me my first clue. I'm looking for a RH table for my 2005 is why I noticed...

Oh, yah, that swing table is not original. It had one of those cheesy condiment baskets there, but I replaced it with a swing table.

Back