Silver B right swing table: adding a frame "catch" to a frame without one

So if you had ,or could get someone to weld this bracket on to your frame, would you be able to get one or a piece of a frame with on it from a rusted out frame as one of the guys that get curb pick ups may have on for a good price....
I think he has the bracket.

Dan, I was thinking, if you paid to ship me that blue lid (with or without the cookbox attached, doesn't matter) and threw that bracket in the box, I could weld it up for you and I will pay the return shipping on the bracket.

Sounds like a win-win to me!

Well, now, hold on there just a minute. What if you were to cut the bracket off the leg with a cut-off wheel and leave the welded leg area attached? Cut about 1" above and below the bracket tabs, grind it flat, drill a couple of holes and done. You would be spaced about 1/16" rearward which may not be noticeable.

The more I look at this the only proper way is to cut an existing bracket and weld it to the older frame. It's an easy job.

I don't have a donor frame with a bracket right now but free or almost free silvers pop up regularly.

Dan, just make sure before you get too far along that your manifold and valve stems and igniter will all work correctly together with your hybridization.

Dan, just make sure before you get too far along that your manifold and valve stems and igniter will all work correctly together with your hybridization.
I'm hopeful. Most is original x000 from a red head I picked up a couple months ago.

What held me back was not having a cookbox that could hold a bottom pan and no Flav bars. I didn't want to spend $$$ on a crazy idea. But with the parts from that nice blue one all I needed to buy was a set of burners.

The blue Gen3 will be rebuilt so if this experiment fails, then the burners will go into the Gen 3.

You have a Silver B control panel on there and the knob handle holes will likely not line up with a Genesis 1000 manifold and valves. The igniter button might be a problem as well.

Thanks Bruce.

I might have set a Silver B panel in one of the pics, but I have the correct panel and manifold.

I'll test it when the burners arrive, maybe tomorrow.20211004_162547.jpg

Here's a clear symptom of weberitis.

Last edited:
I am very familiar...there is not much to cure that, although and unhappy wife can get you on the road to recovery :rolleyes: .

Back