Silver b resto

Frank H

TVWBB Gold Member
Hi all
snagged a Weber gas grill from the curb the other day with an eye toward fixing it up for my son.
At first glance it looks to be in half decent shape ...just some rust issues and a cracked crossover pipe between the burners. Also the electric spark dealy is shot and I'm a little suspicious of the hose on the regulator.
The front of the grill table says "spirit" but everything I can find out on line with the model #
(which is NT6284996) and the part # is 3721001 is that it's an older silver b or some such.
Does the Spirit name not mean anything and is there a way to figure out exactly how old the grill is? I can't find that NT code in ant of the sites I've looked at.
Im going to call Weber today and see what I can learn but I thought someone on here might have some thoughts. This is where I came to learn about my WSM and I always read the posts about grill restoration
so now that I'm doing one I hope I can learn from you guys' experience. Thanks in advance for any help.

Frank,
Congrats on the find. Can you post a pic or two? I'm sure you'll get responses in no time.

Jeff

Back