Side ribs

darrin

TVWBB Member
Not sure if this should be in this discussion topic or not, however..unless I am missing something previously written on this board, can someone explain side ribs to me-as in what are they are; what is the difference between them and back or spares? Or is this just some weird Canadian term that is describing something else?

Thanks for your help.

The diagram on the page showing the cross section appears to be a little off kilter in that baby backs have a tighter curl or radius than spares. (spares are straighter)
Spares are also less expensive.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peter N:
The diagram on the page showing the cross section appears to be a little off kilter in that baby backs have a tighter curl or radius than spares. (spares are straighter)
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I need to work on that diagram. The intention was to show the relationship between the ribs, not the shape of the bones. But it would be better if it did both correctly!
icon_smile.gif

Thanks,
Chris

Hey Guys, thanks for the response. Chris, great info on ribs.

Russel- I think you're right, just another term to describe spares here in the North. Weird though cause you see the same cuts-different retailers, different names for the ribs.

Back