Side Burner - No Gas Flow

On those small fittings better to use dope. That yellow tape is pretty thick and the threads on small fittings are pretty fine and tight. Dope gets in and seals better
Larry,
In the few gas fitting connections I have made, I always follow your adage about dope for smaller connections and yellow tape for the larger ones (which I haven't had to do so far). Hasn't let me down so far.

Interestingly, I never have gotten my Summit side burner to work. Maybe a similar issue as John. I do know that the "quick connect" on mine turned out to be anything but quick! Maybe I will revisit this spring.

Larry,
In the few gas fitting connections I have made, I always follow your adage about dope for smaller connections and yellow tape for the larger ones (which I haven't had to do so far). Hasn't let me down so far.

Interestingly, I never have gotten my Summit side burner to work. Maybe a similar issue as John. I do know that the "quick connect" on mine turned out to be anything but quick! Maybe I will revisit this spring.
Interesting. I used that burner a lot. I actually miss it. Don't have one anymore :(

Larry,

I just looked at my Summit 450 side burner - there is no safety interlock for gas since there is plenty of ventilation out the back
Also, you would be better off just bypassing the disconnect with a 1/4” Male x Male hose if that turns out to be the problem

Pipe fitters I used to work with said to always use pipe dope for gas connections for better sealing. Also the yellow color of Teflon tape is just for identification - you can use standard white Teflon tape if you choose that route

I had a Weber Flame 27000 that I couldn't get lit. I checked every thing and finally got down to the valve. Out came an insect larva and it had to have been hatched inside the valve, because it was clearly too big to have crawled in through the orifice.

1729273599308.png

This does make me think though. I have a few missing regulators, side burners unplugged. A good blast of air will be a good thing to put on a pre assembly checklist
I have a Genesis 1000 manifold that didn't have a regulator hose on it when I got the grill. It turned out that it didn't work because of whatever had gotten inside of it. I cleaned it out the best I could considering I couldn't get the valves apart to clean them properly. I haven't tried the manifold again to see if it works again, but I don't have very high hopes.

Back