Sick cat update

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Well, looks like DH can put off the Vet. visit for now. Our cat is starting to eat a little bit after 2 days without. Thank goodness, now he can finish getting ready for the hurricane.

Gotta take care of the furballs.

Stay safe.
Thank you. ;)

You know the old saying about things happening/coming in three's? Cat, hurricane and the third, my darn copier broke yesterday. Time to really panic. lol

2 of our 4 ferocious beasts....

<scratches head> That's interesting..... the board is copying text from post #1 in the thread, not from the link itself. Or is it..... where the heck is that text coming from, it's certainly not from mine. Apparently coming from the 1st post in that page of the thread (that should be dependent on posts per page count.)

The orange floof reclining in my arms is on an inhaler twice a day for asthma, and he's only 5 years old. He comes to me and jumps up on my lap for treatment (okay, treats ARE involved.)

Oh J., you are such a sweetheart to do that. I never knew a cat could have asthma. I think DH is still going to take our cat to the vet. next week just for a check up. I am so glad he is home today. Just so much more stuff that has to be done before that storm gets here. I feel much better with the window in front of me shuttered. lol

Feline asthma is relatively uncommon in younger cats, and that's part of the reason it took so long to diagnose, it was far down on the likely list of issues. This little guy had a very hard start on life, found as a kitten lying in a ditch, too young to be away from Mama, with fang punctures on each side of his neck. He was diagnosed with asthma at about 3 years old, along with yeasts, molds and a couple of mycoplasmas in his lungs that also had to be evicted.

The old boy (15 year old coal black DSH) either has chronic inflammatory bowel disease, or small cell lymphoma in his GI. I have an entire page hanging on the fridge with his meds schedule. Treatment for both is more or less the same, but the steroid (that he's no longer on,) caused some serious thoracic and heart issues. We don't expect him to be with us as long as we want, we'll take every day we get.

J., they are both so very lucky to have you as an owner. My prayers are with you and them.

We hope they're lucky. They're all rescues, and they all seem pretty happy (that orange floof especially so.) Some days, they get taken care of better than we take care of ourselves.

Give your furballs a good scratch & snuggle.

The orange floof reclining in my arms is on an inhaler twice a day for asthma, and he's only 5 years old. He comes to me and jumps up on my lap for treatment (okay, treats ARE involved.)
Up until now, I have been reading your post as "the orange floor". Floor? What the heck does he mean by that, oh well. :LOL:

The orange floof is a domestic medium hair light tabby. His tail is almost always permanently straight up and it's fluffed out to about 4" in diameter.

You know the old saying about things happening/coming in three's? Cat, hurricane and the third, my darn copier broke yesterday. Time to really panic. lol
Update - Our cat (Gracie) seems to be almost back to normal, the hurricane, isn't, and after many attempts to fix the copier, it isn't either. :mad:

Glad to hear Gracie is on the mend. My boy says hi (sort of) :)

fMsksdO.jpeg

Aw, thank you Chuck. He looks almost like he could be Gracie's brother or boyfriend lol
'

Back