Shrimp pad Thai with glass noodles

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Hall of Fame
First go at this. Pretty good flavor.

1717728770724.jpeg

Mostly from this recipe:

With pressed tofu, bok choy, purple cabbage and green onions.

Glass noodles are bean thread. Less dense than rice noodles. Just soaked in hot water then drained and one snip with a scissor to make smaller strands. Easier to cook this way.

Last edited:
Looks really good..........I would crush that....I don't know about those noodles at all.
I have been on the hunt for some noodles or pasta I guess.... that I could use that taste good that have zero or very very little carbs.
This is a hard thing to do..........everything has some sort of flour it seems.
I see the rice noodles but they still have some considerable amount of carbs, I don't know much about rice flour to be honest.

Looks really good..........I would crush that....I don't know about those noodles at all.
I have been on the hunt for some noodles or pasta I guess.... that I could use that taste good that have zero or very very little carbs.
I see the rice noodles but they still have some considerable amount of carbs, I don't know much about rice flour to be honest.
I have been enjoying this brand:

I have been enjoying this brand:

Wheat based noodle......while I am sure they taste good I am eating very little refined grains.......
Do you use them in a pasta dish with red sauce lets say?

L&W Vermicelli Bean Threads Glass Noodles 8-pack x 2 Oz.: Non GMO Fat Free Gluten Free All-natural Ingredients https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KD2ZZSW?tag=tvwb-20

They have carbs but aren’t as heavy as rice or wheat noodles. Must get the mung bean ones, not cornstarch ones.

Back