Shrimp on the Barbie

Bill - Bigbill

TVWBB Pro
Quick marinade of butter, soy, and garlic.
Turned out ok (note lower case ok), needed something else, maybe lemon, sugar, ????????
Suggestions apreciated.

ShrimponGrill_zps2f193e3e.jpg

ShrimpDone_zpsb7dbfc53.jpg

They look great! Lemon juice would be a great acid for that marinade. I'd throw in some fresh herbs or red pepper flakes, too.

How about a quick dip into your favorite heated bbq sauce as they come off the grill?

I'd leave the soy out and use white wine, garlic, butter, garlic...little salt and pepper! Keep it simple!

I was never happy with grilled shrimp until my last cook.

I started with the biggest shrimp I could get. Brined them for a bit, then rinsed, and split the shells along the back with a sharp paring knife.

Tossed them around in some olive oil with creole type seasonings, plus some paprika for color. Let that sit a while, then threaded onto skewers (still in shell).

Grilled on kettle over gentle heat for 2 minutes per side, flip for 2 minutes, etc. until done. Mine were really big, so I think it took about 8 minutes total.

Leaving in the shell helped keep them moist, and splitting the shell let seasoning get in there. It was sort of like what they call barbecue shrimp in New Orleans. Served with spicy cocktail sauce.

Back