Show us your Smokefire cooks

Darian Hofer

TVWBB Pro
Stop lurking and show us your cooks. Take a couple photos and let us know your thoughts. What went well, what happened that you didn’t expect? What would you do differently or what outcome did you expect and not accomplish?
Just take a few extra minutes and bump this thread!

OK, I'm no lurker but I'll start. I got my EX6 on 3 July, 2020 and about a week later I cooked a Pork Butt. My 28 yr. old Grandson showed up with his fiancée. After dinner she asked me if I would make pulled pork for their wedding reception in Sept.. There's just no saying no to that question. :) I didn't know it but her parents had a BBQ caterer do everything but the Pork. Their food was outstanding and I was very surprised when the pulled pork was more popular than their delicious Brisket. I'm just a backyard cook who cooks to his family's tastes. The reaction to my food outside our family was very humbling. The cook went smooth as silk and convinced me that I no longer needed anything but my EX6. Codys Pork 1 9-10-20.JPG

OK, I'm no lurker but I'll start. I got my EX6 on 3 July, 2020 and about a week later I cooked a Pork Butt. My 28 yr. old Grandson showed up with his fiancée. After dinner she asked me if I would make pulled pork for their wedding reception in Sept.. There's just no saying no to that question. :) I didn't know it but her parents had a BBQ caterer do everything but the Pork. Their food was outstanding and I was very surprised when the pulled pork was more popular than their delicious Brisket. I'm just a backyard cook who cooks to his family's tastes. The reaction to my food outside our family was very humbling. The cook went smooth as silk and convinced me that I no longer needed anything but my EX6. View attachment 50947
Great post Lew!

Bruno,
A number of your highly successful cooks in the SmokeFire are a big factor in keeping me from giving up on it as a “want to own” grill. There have been issues, and you have been honest in sharing them. No one can deny, though, the many successes you have had and that the SmokeFire can really perform when working correctly.

To anyone who doubts, I would have to say, “Just look at the pictures!”

Bruno,
A number of your highly successful cooks in the SmokeFire are a big factor in keeping me from giving up on it as a “want to own” grill. There have been issues, and you have been honest in sharing them. No one can deny, though, the many successes you have had and that the SmokeFire can really perform when working correctly.

Thanks Jon, I don’t have to be asked twice. Hahaha. Lot of great cooks over the years.
I’ll be doing some chuck roasts over Memorial Day, looking for some kind of pulled beef.

Bruno,

Same here. Bruno and Lew were key in my decision to stick with mine.
I saw a used 24” listed yesterday for $100 fairly close to me. I almost jumped on it as well.

Here's just a few, enjoy. About the only thing that I haven't cooked on here yet is brisket, only because I have a very easy and effective method of doing that on my 22, but I may stick one in here one day just to say that I did it.

P.S.-I really, really like the corn on the cob on the Smokefire, and have it often as a side dish. 400F for 15 minutes, comes out perfect every time. It seems to have a sweeter flavor cooked this way, and I add no extra butter except for some prior to the cook, along with salt and pepper. I'm not generally a fan of corn on the cob, either.

Bacon wrapped pork tenderloin, and COTC. Grill Grates used here and in some other pics.

20210613_175421.jpg

Spatchcocked chicken

20210702_165420.jpg

High heat BB ribs

20210711_180624.jpg

Venison meatloaf

20210815_182455.jpg

Pizza- used an empty pizza pan on the upper grate above the pizza to reflect the heat back down and brown the top.

20210610_174647.jpg

Filets with a garlic compound butter, green beans, and a sweet tater.

20220305_182942.jpg

Bacon and cheese wrapped skinless chicken breast with roasted home fries

20210712_174208.jpg

Bacon Turkey Zucchini burgers, w/ COTC

20210905_172737.jpg

Roasted red potatoes with olive oil, various herbs, and cheese. (Sometimes bacon too.)

20220515_125456.jpg

Last edited:
Here's just a few, enjoy. About the only thing that I haven't cooked on here yet is brisket, only because I have a very easy and effective method of doing that on my 22, but I may stick one in here one day just to say that I did it.

P.S.-I really, really like the corn on the cob on the Smokefire, and have it often as a side dish. 400F for 25 minutes, comes out perfect every time. It seems to have a sweeter flavor cooked this way, and I add no extra butter except for some prior to the cook, along with salt and pepper. I'm not generally a fan of corn on the cob, either.

Bacon wrapped pork tenderloin, and COTC. Grill Grates used here and in some other pics.

View attachment 51027

Spatchcocked chicken

View attachment 51029

High heat BB ribs

View attachment 51030

Venison meatloaf

View attachment 51031

Pizza- used an empty pizza pan on the upper grate above the pizza to reflect the heat back down and brown the top.

View attachment 51032

Filets with a garlic compound butter, green beans, and a sweet tater.

View attachment 51033

Bacon and cheese wrapped pork tenderloin roast with roasted home fries

View attachment 51034

Bacon Turkey Zucchini burgers, w/ COTC

View attachment 51035

Roasted red potatoes with olive oil, various herbs, and cheese. (Sometimes bacon too.)

View attachment 51036
Looks great. I’ll try the corn!

P.S.-I really, really like the corn on the cob on the Smokefire, and have it often as a side dish. 400F for 25 minutes, comes out perfect every time. It seems to have a sweeter flavor cooked this way, and I add no extra butter except for some prior to the cook, along with salt and pepper. I'm not generally a fan of corn on the cob, either. . . .

Cooks like that make me wish I had a Smokefire! I'm really intrigued by the pizza though, my family has gotten on to this "make your own pizza" kick recently and while I'd love to cook them outdoors, there's no way my ancient traeger will get hot enough for satisfactory results and I have yet to do the research to feel confident enough to try pizza on a kettle. Anyway, I'm impressed that the Smokefire, or any pellet grill for that matter, can produce such an appetizing pizza.

Looks great. I’ll try the corn!
Just realized that I had put the wrong time in. It's 400F for 15 minutes, not 25 as I had originally typo'd.

Husk off, rub the ears with butter, sprinkle kosher salt and coarse ground black pepper, and on occasion garlic powder. I put them on the top rack and turn about halfway through, just for the browning. It's the only way that I do corn on the cob now.

Good luck.

Cooks like that make me wish I had a Smokefire! I'm really intrigued by the pizza though, my family has gotten on to this "make your own pizza" kick recently and while I'd love to cook them outdoors, there's no way my ancient traeger will get hot enough for satisfactory results and I have yet to do the research to feel confident enough to try pizza on a kettle. Anyway, I'm impressed that the Smokefire, or any pellet grill for that matter, can produce such an appetizing pizza.
Just for information purposes my pizzas are done on the SmokeFire using the GMG pizza oven, it’s been impressive.1CAD37AE-6C3A-4A9D-8848-CCF27ACA9C65.jpeg

Last edited:
Just realized that I had put the wrong time in. It's 400F for 15 minutes, not 25 as I had originally typo'd.

Husk off, rub the ears with butter, sprinkle kosher salt and coarse ground black pepper, and on occasion garlic powder. I put them on the top rack and turn about halfway through, just for the browning. It's the only way that I do corn on the cob now.

Good luck.
Sound like the perfect way to season corn on the cob! Gonna have to try that next time.

Back