Shoulder Surgery

So, had my first therapy today. Hurt like @#$%, just like I thought it would.
But, since I was born good looking, and not rich, I'll be back at it on Thursday!

That's what I thought but I never used the first one - just Tylenol.

Ibuprofin's my go-to, but a friend ate some tylenol out of my truck today! (((I didn't load up any ibu in my truck yet & that's all that was in the first-aid kit)

You got this neighbor!! Just keep telling yourself, in a couple weeks it’ll be warm enough to hook up the camper and go camping!! Don’t look at therapy as a means to get you back to work, take it in baby steps, you know...being able to lift and drink a beer, able to lift the lid on your grill, being able to help Cary in the groceries, able to being able to lift the steps on your camper, and then being able to hook up and set up your camper!! Good luck neighbor, it may seem like baby steps, but keep moving forward and you’ll have this behind you in no time!
Good luck,
Tim

I didn't start PT till four weeks after surgery.

They wanted my shoulder completely immobile for the first month.

I was in PT the day after my stitches were out on my first one and PT lasted a month, 2nd one went much better PT a week after surgery but only lasted maybe 15 days then sent home to do on my own.

Went to second PT session today. The therapist was very impressed with my range of motion! AND, it didn't hurt near as much as it had.
They still want me to go once a week, until the sling comes off, probably more after.
But nurse Pammi has been a champ helping at home! Only fitting as I helped her with home PT after 2 joint replacements(hip and knee)!

Phil sounds like you are doing very well, with the surgery techniques healing and return to normal life is mush faster i did my first one 1999, now lasers and all the other tools do a much cleaner job.

So, I went Monday for my post-op and get my stitches out.
The PA said that I was doing well, and that I could come out of the sling in only 4 weeks!
Unfortunately, she said that it might be 6 MONTHS before I'm released to go back to work.
Uh, I'm not sure I can last that long with a reduced paycheck!
I may have to start driving for Uber and Lyft.
*&^%$$ #%!
Not to mention, I'm not sure if disability will cover me that long!

Back