Servo and Fan Replacement

AJones

TVWBB Member
Hey guys, I've had my heatermeter for a number of years. I notice that my fan and servo aren't working properly. Anyone have a link to where I can get replacements? The fan that Bryan shipped worked great until recently, but I've never had a truly reliable servo.

Thanks!

Mouser has the blower BFB0512VHD-F00 but I always also check the non-F00 version to see if it is cheaper. It just lacks the RPM sense wire which we don't use. The servo I ship is an SG90, and they are always hit or miss. Sometimes they work for years, sometimes a week, some are DOA. MG90S are slightly different size, so whatever you have make sure you get the same model.

Most probably not that useful to AJones; just sharing my experience: after various experiences and struggles with cheap servo's, I "stole" the steering servo out of my son's 1/8th HPi nitro buggy which was sitting in a box for many years since he moved in his own house. That servo is a beast, (of course much larger physically than the MG90S) and working flawlessly for the last +-2 years on my DIY damper setup. For a fan, I am using a blower fan out of a scrapped HP server!

Last edited:
If looking for a quality MG90S servo, the one sold by Vorpal Robotics is very good. I've had no issues with them, and they are actually made by TowerPro for Vorpal, and probably have a bit more quality control than others.

Back