Serving a Butt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Walker

TVWBB Member
I've cooked up a few Butts now. Of course Mr. Brown. I have tried several different types of breads and Buns. They all seen to take away from Meat. Then I tried layered Biscuts..... They hold the meat some shreaded cabbage and a little North Carolina Pig Pucker Sauce. That's good Eats. I was wondering how everyone else serves Mr. Brown.

I usually pull it and serve it on hamburger buns or kaiser-style buns, but lately I've been using hot dog buns. The hinge side helps keep the meat and cole slaw from falling out. Definitely with the NC vinegar sauce.

Ive always used the cheapest buns I can find, and they turned out great.
Last weekend I done my first brisket and we took some french bread, and sliced it in little sandwitch portions, minced up a clove of garlic and mixed with melted butter, basted it and toasted in the oven, and made little sandwitches
You talk about awesome...... /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I may try this on my next pulled pork cook, they were just the right size for dipping.

One of our favorite ways to eat leftover pulled pork (the first night we always go traditional with white buns and slaw), is pulled pork tacos or tostadas. In fact, thats what I had last night for dinner. Just pile some pork on a warm fresh flour or corn tortilla and pile on your favorite toppings, salsas and hot sauce. Now thats "good eats."

Sometimes I just pile my pulled pork on a plate, sprinkle with a little NC style sauce and eat with a fork or just my fingers! No bun getting in the way there. When I eat it on a bun I just like a cheap white bun with a vinegar based slaw on top of the pork.

One of my favorite ways is a "barbeque cocktail"

Take a large mason jar, and starting from the bottom, layer as follows:

Baked beans 1/2 cup

Cole Slaw 1/4 cup

Renowned Mr. Brown 1/4 lb.

One tablespoon favorite sauce

Garnish with a 1/4 pickle spear

Excellent for tailgaiting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back