Self-Superannuated (almost!)

Mark Silver

TVWBB Wizard
After nearly 15 years as a KCBS Rep, I have decided to call it quits this year. I got started on this this website and in BBQ and then in competition and judging and finally as a KCBS Rep from my friend and mentor, Jim Minion (creator of the Minion method). I have been fortunate enough to have Repped contests all over the Western states and Canada and have met countless great competitors, pit-masters, backyard BBQ'ers, contest organizers, judges, other KCBS Reps and their families (including several from this site) and had a blast doing it (and even got modestly paid--my standing joke was they only only people at a BBQ contest guaranteed to get paid were the Reps!).

I retired from work right before COVD-19 hit in March 2020, had a house built in Star, Idaho and will be moving there from our home of 33 years in Edmonds, Washington in just a couple weeks. Due to COVID concerns, all my assigned contests were cancelled in 2020 and the Memorial Day contest I have been Repping since it started 9 years ago, canceled again for 2021. The good news--I'll finally be able to participate in TVWBB Smoke Day again!! I'm looking forward with great anticipation to BBQ'ing more for my friends and family when we move and perhaps judging and helping at contests in the Idaho area and posting maybe a little more on the website. It was a great ride and fun while it lasted!!

Mark, it will be great to have you spend more time with us here.

Here is wishing you the best in your new home. I hope it won't be too sad to leave your home in Washington.

PS I like your sense of humor. lol

Back