Second spin, double the chickens

Michael Richards

TVWBB Emerald Member
Happy Easter Everyone!
After getting to try out my new rotisserie midweek, I wanted to go for it again for Easter. When I saw this recipe in response to another rotisserie post by Tim I knew I was going to go for it. So after some help and guidance from Tim and a push from him to go for a double bird cook, I went for it.
White lightning seasoning on the inside and outside of both birds, then a lemon and head of garlic both halved and into the the one bird, and the other an empty carcass wives request (for the kids).
IMG_20210404_184425.jpg
It smelled so good while cooking. Here is at first check.
IMG_20210404_184441.jpg
And done.
IMG_20210404_184511.jpg
IMG_20210404_184517.jpg
IMG_20210404_184528.jpg
IMG_20210404_184535.jpg
That is where my pictures end today. My niece (11) who I haven't seen much in the last year because of Covid was over and loves to cook. I taught her to carve the chickens and she did a great job, I wish I would have got pics. We had a massive spread of the two chickens, a wonderful oven prepared ham, calico beans, pasta salad, potato salad, deviled eggs, and oven potatoes. I wish I had gotten pics of that also.

I am so glad I made both chickens, because none of either is left. Tim's garlic lemon twirly bird was so easy and so over the top good!!! This will be made often in my house. My aunt loves rotisserie chicken, she said today, "don't you ever cook just one chicken on that spit, if you are going to cook one for your family you better let me know, I will bring another bird over for you to cook for me and the dog."

Special thanks to Tim!!!

Very nice Michael. The wife and I decided to change from ham to chicken for Easter dinner so I spun one also. What size chickens did you have on?

Very nice Michael. The wife and I decided to change from ham to chicken for Easter dinner so I spun one also. What size chickens did you have on?
They were like 5.11 lbs and 5.22 lbs. It was one of those cooks that just went perfect. Got temps stable at 375 after an initial spike and then let them go until they were both done, which happened at the same time.
How did yours turn out? How did you season it?

Last edited:
Excellent job on the chicken, Michael, and on continuing to teach the youngsters! I got some grill pics from my oldest (21) this weekend, and it made me happy! Looking forward to your next rotisserie adventure!!

R

Michael my chicken turned out great. Only a 3 lb chicken took about and hour and a half. All I use for seasoning is olive oil with Ole Bay and smoked paprika. No salt cause their is salt in Ole Bay. That is also what I use when cooking chicken with slow n sear. Gives a crispy skin. Sorry no pictures I`m not good with computer stuff.

Back