Second attempt at Baby Backs

BrianCal

TVWBB Pro
Ok, son home from college, heard that I started making baby backs, so we did these together. We made the rubs, both from Raichlen. The redder one is a classic rub (salt, pepper, brown sugar, paprika, chipotle, worcestershire, dry mustard, celery seed, garlic powder) and the other is his Asian style (chopped garlic, cilantro, asian fish sauce, salt, pepper, coriander, lime juice).

Classic 3-2-1 method, had to go a little longer due to a extreme hot spot / cool spot on smoker, which I fixed but set me back a little on time. For the final hour put a light coating of my favorite Blues Hog on the classic, and some Franks Hot Sweet Chili sauce on the asian.

Then in the cooler to rest. Super tender, flavor was great. And my chef friend is getting me to think of things like garnishes, so put some chopped parsley on the classic, and some chopped peanuts and cilantro on the asian.
ADAAE99B-55DA-4A1B-9F0A-1AB04C521A3B.jpeg
ADDDFBB7-3D9D-43D0-8C93-9CA0AC6B2BB0.jpeg

5EEA73F6-35DC-45EA-A1D1-C27415689549.jpeg

5C2609B5-0CE6-49F7-A9A7-A1122078C2BB.jpeg

I have Raichlen's book " Ribs Ribs Ribs" and it's filled with good baby back recipes. That first rub sounds like First Timer Ribs, to me.

Those look awesome! Great way to be with your Son.

How did folks sell their material before the Internet? I just now bought a Raichlen rib book!

Back