Seattle area smoke wood source?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Force

Does anyone have recommendations for reasonably priced smoke wood sources in the Seattle-Lynnwood-Everett area? I also get over to the peninsula (around Kingston and Port Townsend) on occasion...

Thanks!

Look for someone selling firewood out of his truck and ask him for some maple or alder. I live in Redmond and there is a guy in our area that sells firewood and I'm sure he has some! Try Hardwood Supply for some pieces of maple or oak flooring. You want the flooring that isn't prefinished

Hi Mike,

Two of the big time supporters of BBQ in the pacific north west are Rick and Kate Naug. They hosts competitions, take best new cooks to Memphis and they are all around good people who cook great too. They run Apple Creek Timber out of Edgewood, give 'em a call 253 770-9561, tell 'em Bad *** BBQ sent ya.

Dave
And welcome to the site!

Hey Chris...I'm just wondering if my last post is Kosher?? I know that self serving promotion is a no-no but what about recommending a supplier?

Sorry if I stepped in something...live and learn.

Dave

Until Chris or Amazon start selling wood, I think you're OK. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

If you buy from Apple Creek Timber ask Rick about wood and charcoal, have him give you a lesson. Ask him to show you the cooker he is building.
Rick and Kate are the best.
Jim

There's no problem with recommending a supplier, especially one that you've had a good experience with, as long as it's done in moderation and is not a blantant promotion for that business or self-promotion. Same standard as other forums.

Thanks for asking,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back