Sea Bream - Dourada Grelhada

Alber AL

TVWBB Fan
Good morning

This weekend I grilled some sea breams using a Protuguese recipe very common. They cook this in chimneys in restaurants.

akzibk.jpg

2z7ha80.jpg

It was delicious, I have to repeat.

It was so good.
Piri piri is a chile, I think, In this reciipe I used lemon to marinade, garlic, cumin and pimenton (like paprika).

Thanks all

Hi John,
The original recipe is this one: http://www.saborintenso.com/f72/dourada-grelhada-36848/

What I did and what I´ll change for the next time:

Ingredients
- Some Sea Bream, one per person. My daughters shared one.
- Juice of two lemon or more.
- Four cloves of garlic.
- Salt
- Pepper
- 1 tbsp. Sweet paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin

How to
- Clean the fish well and make two cuts in each side.
- Season with salt and pepper, inside also.
- In a glass bowl, place the fish and marinade with the lemon juice as much as you can, for one hour. Have in mind that there is not so much juice so you have to change fish position to get more flavour.
- The recipe says in this point, that you have to mix garlic, paprika and cumin and cover the fish.
-> What I´ll do:
- Stir fry the sliced garlic in some oil (EVOO), be careful it doesn't burn. Once it's almost golden, already outside the fire, mix paprika and cumin. Sometimes I "fry" the garlic in the microwave using EVOO also, in a glass bowl.
- With this mixture cover the fish, outside and inside in the cuts and wherever.
->
- Grill the fish on direct heat for ten minutes, no more or it'll get dry.

I grilled it on a Gas BBQ and with the lid closed. The more mixture you use the better it is. In my case I didn't burnt the external cover of fish (see the recipe's photo), it maybe the reason to notice that garlic was a bit raw using the original recipe. Don't know.

Good luck!

Back