Screw the Rain, who else is grilling in ACC territory

GGross

TVWBB Pro
Who else is grillling in ACC territory? I decided not to let the rain stop the grilling I'll be cooking a rack of ribs on the Kettle.

Here's the prep

It's raining here in SEC territory as well but I am not grilling, I am brewing under the Dallas Cowboys Blue EX-UP.

University of Louisville here; part of the ACC, yet a mountain range away from the Atlantic. I had two 10lb butts on the WSM for 16 hours and they only reached 165 due to the wind and rain. They should be ready for dinner. Once I pulled them off I put on a meatloaf, which usually takes 1.5 hours. Between having water in the pan and the weather, it took an extra 45 minutes.

Too cold and windy around here. I'm close to the South Carolina border and this area has gotten a lot of rain. The Sand Lappers are getting the brunt of it, but heavy precip is expected to drift our way soon.

Not complaining though, because it has been abnormally dry this summer.

Ribs look good though. :)

Finished product, heavy bark. They were difficult to cut into one bone servers since it had so much bark so the presentation wasn't good but the meat sure was.

- - - Updated - - -

Way to overcome the weather! I know it tasted good. I'm trying to get presentation photos, but I doubt that'll happen, but the bottom line....How they taste. The win goes to GGross, mother nature will have to go back and regroup

Back