Scott's BBQ chicken thighs

Julien Gallant

TVWBB Member
So my boss ordered a half dozen bottles of Scott's BBQ sauce a few weeks back and was generous enough to give a bottle thinking I might enjoy a different kind of sauce on my chicken. Well, I can honestly say it was some of the best chicken I have ever made on a gas grill. My wife threw the chicken in some of the Scott's BBQ sauce about an hour before I got home. I got home and set up the big gasser for indirect cooking. While the grill was heating up I made a foil pouch with whiskey oak barrel wood chips and threw it on the lit burner for extra flavor. Then I cooked the the thighs for about half an hour ( I jockeyed them around half way though and brushed them with the left over marinade) Then I turned the burners on low and brushed and flipped the chicken every 5 minutes for the next half hour. Well the skin was crispy,the chicken was juicy, the sauce added tang from the vinegar and heat from the spices, but what I loved was you could actually taste the chicken.

I will have to try road side chicken to see how it compares.

Julien

chickenh.jpg

well Julien, looks to me like you certainly did a number on those chicken thighs...
and that number would be a BiG 10!!!
Best lookin' Thighs I've seen since ....
well... They Look GREAT!

You nailed it! I've never had Scott's BBQ sauce but it sure does look good on those thighs. Great job!

Thanks guys,

My main reason for posting was to try and upload a photo to the board. I had never heard of Scott's before either. Well, I had made pulled pork with a cider vinegar sauce and my wife loved it. My boss put two and two together and brought this sauce in for me to try. Needless to say, it was a big hit. We both agreed it enhances the chicken. Sometimes sweet and sticky bbq sauce kind of covers up the chicken flavor... Now that can be a good thing too, especially when that sauce is Big Bob Gibson Habanero.

Scott's is not available around here (in Ohio) but it can be ordered from the website for a few bucks a bottle plus a small shipping fee. Next week I will make roadside chicken and let everyone know how it compares. It seems like a similar sauce.

Back