Scored a redhead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branon S.

TVWBB Super Fan
Just picked up a redheard and weber charcoal starter for $30. She's an H model and I thought she was in good condition for being around since 94 but just checked and H is the 86 model so she's in great shape for being 25 y/o. Handle needs to be straightened and a needs a little touch up paint. And of course a serious cleaning. Any tips on what brand/color of paint to use. Was thinking red engine paint. Anyone know when Weber went to the one touch system?

Will post pics soon.

Here are the before pics. I'm not even sure where to start.

IMG_2214.jpg

IMG_2218.jpg

IMG_2220.jpg

IMG_2219.jpg

IMG_2225.jpg

IMG_2221.jpg

IMG_2222.jpg

IMG_2224.jpg

IMG_2223.jpg

The one touch system appears to be in good condition so hopefully I won't have to replace it.
Thanks!

I don't know what it is about these red ones? They just seem to bring out the worst in people.
icon_mad.gif
I don't think any other color is so brutalized. Maybe that's why Weber discontinued the color.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Thats a good point Shaun! Never thought about it that way, but there ARE a TON of reds that are beat badly. I never seen a lid handle that bent before, aside from that, I bet it will clean up good.

Amazingly yes it's the same grill. I painted around the lid handle and under the top vent which had a large area where the porcelain chipped off (no before pic, sorry).

IMG_2260.jpg

The rest was just cleaning and a little paint on the leg holders.

Before
IMG_2256.jpg

After
IMG_2257.jpg

No they are not. I found an old weber tabletop gas grill on Craigslist last night for $10. It looks like it was used once 12 years ago and put into storage. I bought it just for the handles but it's in great condition. Even came with the original box and instructions.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I found an old weber tabletop gas grill on Craigslist last night for $10 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I saw that one, and thought about going for it, just for the handles.

Very nice rehab job Branon, she's a beauty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back