Scored 14.5" for $50

Kenny McDonald

I bought an 18.5" earlier this year and just scored a 14.5" for $50. Never used, but the charcoal grate had lots of surface rust on it and one of the bolts on the legs is rusted pretty badly due to that. Gonna replace the bolt/nut and use a wire brush on the grate. The only other thing I can see is there is a very small chip in the porcelain on the top ring of the middle section. Not sure if I need it - actually pretty sure I don't since I already have one of the best charcoal smokers made. But couldn't pass up the $50 deal. Guess I can take this new 14.5" popup camper camping and tail-gating.

Last edited:
Nice deal. I got a floor model at Walmart earlier this year for $89. It has a dent in the enamel and the paint broke. Wondering if I need to patch that up with some high heat paint or not. I've used it several times already, so not sure really.

Nice deal. I got a floor model at Walmart earlier this year for $89. It has a dent in the enamel and the paint broke. Wondering if I need to patch that up with some high heat paint or not. I've used it several times already, so not sure really.

Should be able to send that back to Weber for a warranty replacement.

broke the smoker in yesterday with a brisket flat. First time smoking a brisket and it turned out great. I'm not gonna be scared of a brisket for now on. Had four racks of ribs going on the 18.5" wsm and a batch of bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers and some andouille sausage going on the Masterbilt electric smoker. All turned out great and the family and friends thoroughly enjoyed my birthday meal I prepared.

Back