Sauces for pork butt...

Paul Kerns

I'm doing two pork butts this weekend. I've used a carolina red sauce as well as a simple vineger sauce for finishing in the past. Any other good sauces to try?

By the way, this is my first post on here. I love this website and all the other smoker freaks like me. My wife thinks it's crazy!

Hey Paul. Welcome neighbor. I'm from Wisconsin Rapids. Will be going through Wausau tomorrow to pick up some meat from Sam's.

Dan

I like the vinegar sauces there is one by paul kirk that is very good. You can do a search and see what you fins or checl the recipie section.

I'm relatively new to Wausau, where is Sam's? I've been getting meat from the townline market.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dan N.:
Hey Paul. Welcome neighbor. I'm from Wisconsin Rapids. Will be going through Wausau tomorrow to pick up some meat from Sam's.

Dan </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is 100% not mine. This is Roxy's Mustard Sauce. This sauce is different but VERY good. It's a nice break from tomato based sauces.

Mustard Vinegar Sauce

1 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup Yellow mustard
1/4 cup onion finely minced
2 cloves garlic pureed
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce

Combine ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.

For a smoother sauce, blend on high for a few minutes.

Blues Hog Tennessee Red Sauce!!!!!

blueshog.com
icon_biggrin.gif

The standard KC Masterpiece Original BBQ sauce mixed with honey is really good. I believe it is five parts sauce to one part honey. I just add honey to taste, so it may not be 5 to 1 for me. I also add a few shakes of Tobasco for a little fire. Lastly, in a glass bowl I crush a couple of cloves of garlic, add a few spring onions, few shakes of olive oil and basalmic vinegar and microwave for 45 seconds and stir. Give another 45 seconds on high and add to the honey/BBQ sauce mix and serve. No real cooking involved. Dried fruit cut up into small pieces makes a nice alternative to the sauce too. My favorite is dried apricots but others work too.

Back