Saturday Tomahawk

Andy.Craig

TVWBB Fan
Reverse seared a prime tomahawk from Costco tonight. Smoked until 115 and then seared on SNS cast iron for 1 min each side. I went with Carne Costa tonight. This was really good but maybe a tad over for my liking

The Elijah Craig Rye Old Fashion was great too!

Attachments

• 20210626_194016.jpg
    20210626_194016.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 20210626_193623.jpg
    20210626_193623.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 22
  • 20210626_192731.jpg
    20210626_192731.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 20210626_191358.jpg
    20210626_191358.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 23
Looks delicious to me Andy! The tomahawk cut has not caught on here yet so you don’t see them very often but I would like to try one.

Beautiful looking steak. I belong to Costco and I just joined Sam's Club for the prime briskets. They are stocking the Tomahawks as well.

Looks beautiful. Nice job. I have avoided the Tomahawk simple due to price.. Can't see paying money for that much bone weight..

SNS CI griddle.. is that the cast iron dripping griddle? I like the idea, if only for the convenience of placing it right over the SNS. Not sure they make one for the 24" Summit Charcoal. I thing BGE does though.

I did a reverse sear a few days ago using the Summit Charcoal. I did the LnS stage with about 20 KBB in a Vortex sitting on the lower charcoal grate position. Then dumped a heaping mini chimney of RO lump into the Vortex and put a 12" Lodge CI skillet in the GBS for the sear.

Looks beautiful. Nice job. I have avoided the Tomahawk simple due to price.. Can't see paying money for that much bone weight..

SNS CI griddle.. is that the cast iron dripping griddle? I like the idea, if only for the convenience of placing it right over the SNS. Not sure they make one for the 24" Summit Charcoal. I thing BGE does though.

I did a reverse sear a few days ago using the Summit Charcoal. I did the LnS stage with about 20 KBB in a Vortex sitting on the lower charcoal grate position. Then dumped a heaping mini chimney of RO lump into the Vortex and put a 12" Lodge CI skillet in the GBS for the sear.
Yes, this was first time using SNS CI griddle. It was great! Typically I just use a Lodge skillet but the space for the Tomahawk helped a ton on the SNS griddle.

Great looking cook start to finish. That shot on the CI griddle is awesome. I haven't used the Carne Costa in a while. I had planned to use it on to filets I got reduced, but my daughter and I are now thinking we want to try the rub I used on last night Flacken ribs. Got to get myself a rib eye to use it on.

Back