Saturday dinner: center-cut pork loin

K Kruger

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Well, I don't have the beautiful flow of pics like those Larry just posted of his rib-eye and halibut dinner - just a single pic from my phone...

Grill-roasted, rubbed pork loin (Aleppo, thyme, garlic, sage, onion, marjoram, amchur, organic sugar, white pepper); mashed potatoes with Morea evoo drizzle; sugar snap peas with butter. Sauce is based on evoo/butter-sweated garlic, then an addition of chopped dried Montmorency cherries and finely diced onion and celery with thyme, chicken stock and Chardonnay added and reduced, first emulsification with Dijon, mounted with butter, finished with white pepper.

IMG00253-20100508-2103.jpg

nice looking meal K, K what is the best way to cook a center cut loin, direct or indirect any info appreciated ty

I do them - most things, actually - indirect, typically 325-475, depending on what I am cooking. For this I ran around 400. It took around 40 min to hit the lower 140s. I rested 5 min.

Neither. Indirect the whole time. I will sear at finish if needed but it often isn't. That depends on cooktemp and meat being cooked.

That was a center-cut loin (that's used, e.g., for Canadian bacon). But I do tenderloin the same way. It takes a bit less time.

Kevin, as always, pics of a great looking meal. I'm always impressed by your presentations as well as the appearance of your cooks. Thanks for sharing. Bob Bailey

Thanks all.

Last night, a reprise. Leftover meat with leftover sauce (fleshed out with stock); with ras el hanout-flavored brown rice; chopped pistachios.

IMG00260-20100511-2208.jpg

Back