Sand Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff S.

TVWBB Fan
Had my wife pick me up a bag of sand the other day.
Call me silly, but it says "natural play sand" multi purpose.
Will this work, or is there a special kind of sand I should get?
Thanks

Ditto to what they said.

One thing to be aware of, the bottom rack will become your hot rack. If both are the same weight, the meat on the bottom rack will be done first, with a slightly crisp(?) or charred(?) bottom. It's not bad, but enough to watch for.

YMMV,
Howard

Jeff,

Check earlier postings, as I will, but if I recollect correctly, it is recommended that one run some amount (1 chimney ?) of coals at top temps under sand once before using for first smoke. Kinda like boiling water I guess.

BTW...picked up my sand just the other day and have yet to put it in place. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Howard...I'm almost afraid to ask...YMMV? But I do like "Smarter than...", could not remember having ever heard that before. HAHA.

Keith,

Here ya go. An Internet Acronym dictionary.
IIRC is "If I Remember Correctly", not to be confused with IRC (Internet Relay Chat).

All caught up?

/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

YKIYEI

Chet:

Thanks for the dictionary...caught up yet...naw...but tryin.

And yes, I often do for I am ..... naw, won't go there, (has to do with pheasants...in and of itself, not bad but the thoughts conjured, not really for this forum). And do have some venison waiting to be summer sausage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back