Saluting With Smoke BBQ Competition

James J

TVWBB Super Fan
FB32B745-1302-4FC7-9525-BC4E63541402.jpeg

Too Sauced Guys is competing in the Saluting with Smoke BBQ competition on November 4th in Yorkville, IL. This is a KSBS sanctioned fundraising event for Veteran’s. So far there are 82 teams registered including teams from Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines. We are competing in the Friday Rib Competition only. If you’re in the area, stop by and see us!

I wish I could! I’m prepping for some continuing of home remodeling!
Heaven help me, I hope this is the last!!!
No worries Timothy, there are BBQ competitions in MI also! I’ll let you know when I make it over there. Just make sure the spare bedroom is remodeled too in case I need to stay over 🤣

No worries Timothy, there are BBQ competitions in MI also! I’ll let you know when I make it over there. Just make sure the spare bedroom is remodeled too in case I need to stay over 🤣
Well, if you’re not too particular, the garage is mostly dry🤣! Guest room, still under advisement from the Boss! It’s close but…

You doing any fundraising as your team for this event?
Looks like they are.

Just to clarify, when I posted the link, my intent was to show the event details for those able to attend.
I am not trying to solicit donations here; just your moral support!

There are going to be some great teams competing in this event, including Que U who won both the Open and Invitational at this years American Royal in Kansas City, and Fergolicious BBQ who is currently 8th in the KCBS points standings and was featured on BBQ USA with Michael Symon. I'll let you know how we do!

So it's behind the water park?
I might stop by Friday.
Great to hear Timothy! It's actually at the Raging Waves Water Park.
We are only competing on Friday in the rib competition. The gates open to the public at 6:30pm, the awards are at 7:00 and the bands play until 10.
On Saturday the gates open at 8:00am and there will be food vendors, a beer tent, and bands playing until 5:30pm when they will have the Competitor Series awards.

Have you ever been there before? Reason I ask if your coming up 88 to go to the park most GPS have you take Orchard to Galena Rd.
Problem is the intersection of Orchard and RT 30 is under construction and a mess.
Better going further west on 88 til it splits for Rt 56/30 Sugar Grove Hinckley. Take that to Rt 47 and head south.

Have you ever been there before? Reason I ask if your coming up 88 to go to the park most GPS have you take Orchard to Galena Rd.
Problem is the intersection of Orchard and RT 30 is under construction and a mess.
Better going further west on 88 til it splits for Rt 56/30 Sugar Grove Hinckley. Take that to Rt 47 and head south.
Thanks for the heads up. Looks like my GPS has me going 294 to I-88 West getting off at exit 113 to merge onto IL-56 then onto IL-47.

Just to clarify, when I posted the link, my intent was to show the event details for those able to attend.
I am not trying to solicit donations here; just your moral support!
I didn't take it that way, yet I posted the link to your team anyway.

I don't like that you have to directly use a credit card. If they allowed venmo or paypal I'd kick in a few greenbacks. I'm sure they have reasons to track the donations but...

Anyway, good luck with the ribs @James J

Nice! Now we need a pic of you wearing that 2nd place medallion! You can cook ribs for me anytime. Those look spectacular.

Back