Salmon on a Plank

DanHoo

TVWBB Olympian
Cedar Plank soaked for an hour.

Salmon marinated in ginger, garlic, soy sauce rice wine vinegar, some sesame oil, salt and a small amount of Dijon mustard.

Zucchini is Bobby Flays recipe. link is below. Lemon juice, lemon zest, honey, Dijon mustard, evoo, black pepper, pecorino Romano, flat leaf parsley, toasted pine nuts garnished with mint leaves.

Plank was charred over direct heat, flipped then the salmon went on until it was at 140F. Grill was pretty hot and part way I switched heat to indirect.

Zucchini was charred, chopped and tossed in a bowl.

20220403_172315.jpg

20220403_173703.jpg20220403_173818.jpg
20220403_174854.jpg20220403_175420.jpg

Last edited:
Recipe for the Zucchini

I saw him cook it on his bbq addiction series, and it was a rustic cook. The recipe shows a more delicate style with shaved Zucchini which looked like too much work.

The recipe has a link to his video on bbq addiction. He cuts the zucc in half, I cut them in quarters to get a little more char.

Last edited:
That looks fantastic! I always grill salmon on a plank, too, but I generally use untreated cedar shingles. I have a half a bundle left from when they were cheap. Untreated cedar fence boards are also great and you can cut them to length.

Thanks Mark. It's been a few years since I cooked salmon on a plank, and I'm wondering why... It was really good.

Dan,
Great cook and great looking side, a good mix. I really like that edge crust that crunches in your mouth , then the firm filet comes through.
Nice job, you can cook this for us anytime.

Great cook, Dan! How long did you marinate the salmon? I gotta try this.
Thanks Tim

It was under an hour. Maybe 40 mins? I had a small rectangular dish the size of two filet's with one stacked on top. I didn't measure but it was maybe 4 or 5 tablespoons of soy, 1 or 2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar, about a teaspoon of sesame oil and about a teaspoon of canola oil.

Both the garlic and the ginger were store bought minced in a jar so I used a heavy amount, like 2 to 3 tablespoons of ginger and 1 to 2 tablespoons of garlic and some salt and peppar.

I had planned to use fresh garlic and fresh grated ginger, but I ran short on time and went for the already minced stuff, and it worked well.

Last edited:

Back