S-330 for sale near me

DaveG GA

TVWBB Member
I've gotta buy a bottom, left panel & drip tray support for my 11 yo S-320.

There's an S-330 NG for sale near me for $550 OBO. It has the front controls, which really is a great upgrade (actual use of side table)

What concerns me for the money, is the bottom panel condition.

Whatcha think:

1608041324423.png

its rusty but not rusted through, should be salvageable can prob bes restored w a wirewheel and paint , others here will def know better than me though ,

$550. I would not pay that. No way. I could go into my reasoning, but at that price, I don't feel the need to give a reason other than the price.

Front controls is NOT an upgrade to the Genesis. It's a downgrade. Yeah you get a side table but you lose so much functionality and what made a Genesis a truly unique grill

As I have stated many times, I think you would be happier with a Genesis 1000 or Silver B in the long run. Even a fully rehabbed one would cost about half or a little more that S330. And, yes, that is what Larry was getting at with the E/W burners vs N/S burners.

Yep, for $550 I would expect it to be in pristine condition and include some extras.

I wouldn't disagree with the comments about older, classic Genesis grills being better in many ways or at least the earlier 300 series with the E-W burners that some of us call the "sidewinder." On the other hand, I used one exactly like that one as my daily driver with very good success. I personally liked the sear burner and used it regularly. But, when I picked up a really nice Genesis Silver C and cooked on it, it felt like "coming home."

I still have the dirty, needing parts hulk of my S-330 waiting for restoration. I even have a stainless steel bottom and stainless steel back to replace the cheap, painted steel ones. I wonder how much I can get for it if it is well restored and has those non-stock stainless upgrades that address a good portion of the rust problems these have?

No, they were custom made by a friend of mine. You could do the same thing if you can find a sheet metal shop who has or works with someone with a laser cutter. My friend owed me some favors, so I never got a clear price on what the ones he made really cost. It may turn out to be a lot more than you would want to pay. You could at least look into it, though.

My opinion, if you do or want use a rotisserie buy the older style east/west burners, for one the lower panels can be fixed if not rusted through. Even if you buy replacement parts the cost is not that much. I would rebuild the older grill. Also store the grill on a grill pad that drains moisture, keep covered , and un cover open up on warm days even if not using to air out and dry , keep lower area clean and use a old oven grate,or bakers rack to allow items to be stored above the floor surface so air can circulate.

Back