Rusting Lid Handle :(

So I was cleaning up my WSM today ans noticed the flange on the handle where it attaches to the lid on the side was rusting.
It's not horrible but will most likely get worse over time. I'm disappointed since I always keep it covered when not in use.
I'm going to call Weber to see what they say....

Not real unusual for rust on handles where welded to lid.. I dab a bit of black around mine every so often.

I would agree but after one year and 10 uses? It's covered all the time...actually looks like paint chipped a bit. None the less ill blot it with a little black. Gonna call weber anyway.

Quick update....so I called and no questions asked, except that I email a picture of the said area, and a new lid assembly coming my way.
GREAT COMPANY with GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE! They are few and far between now a days.

Covers are good and bad...........
Good- keep the weber from outside elements
Bad- Covers also keep some moisture inside which can cause some rust and mold.............
I keep my smoker uncovered inside in my garage =)

Peter

Covers are good and bad...........
Good- keep the weber from outside elements
Bad- Covers also keep some moisture inside which can cause some rust and mold.............
I keep my smoker uncovered inside in my garage =)
Peter
Not a bad idea....especially since I just did the wheel mod....now it's MUCH easier to maneuver!!!! I think I'm gonna carve out a little corner for her in the garage.......my smoker that is!

Back