Rust-Oleum Paint

I don’t think any high heat paint is really food safe, but I am thinking that a “ceramic” finish might not be what you would want for repainting a grill, at least for the frame. Maybe it would look OK on the cast aluminum parts. Hopefully, someone here has actually used it and can tell more.

Well, technically, wood smoke is not food safe either...

....that said, the paint is not likely to break down considering its high temp claim and would also likely get covered up by food/smoke residue etc too. If I were just touching up a spot I would personally not be overly concerned. Would I want to line the interior of an entire BBQ with it...no thanks. Painting the exterior, might work very well...

No issue. re food safety. You're not cooking in it. As for if it's ceramic. IDK I see this term thrown around a lot. I doubt it means anything. And who cares if it's "engine paint"?

I agree. I don't think this paint would be a problem on grills if it was used in the same manner as regular grill paint.
I have not seen this in stores before, but it boasts a 2000 degree heat tolerance which is 800 degrees higher than regular rustoleum high heat. The "Ceramic" claim makes it sound durable, which would be great, but like Larry says, I really don't think it is really ceramic. That stuff needs to be baked on at temps much higher than even 2000 degrees.
Would it work well on grills and grill parts? Maybe. I would certainly like to know. If it comes available near me, I will probably grab a can to check it out. Price could also be a factor. How much did a can of that stuff cost?

Oh, I just notice that it is a FLAT black. That would maybe make it usable on the cook box IMO. The CERAMIC claim had me thinking it was a more glossy finish.

The flat "ceramic" finish is why I questioned its use on frames. For a firebox that you choose to go flat black on, it may well work out great. I would like to see it applied.

Back