Rummaging through the fridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Mason

TVWBB All-Star
I was BBQing some snacks Saturday (ABTs) and had some space on the grate. Rummaged through the fridge for something to fill that space. Only thing I could find were some hard-boiled eggs. So, being the BBQ nut I am, I put them in the WSM (shells removed).

They were on for about an hour. I let them cool and tried one. It was good. I was surprised. My wife thought I was, well, nuts.

Anyone else put unusual things on the smoker just to see what it turns out like?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>John, you are not nuts. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glenn,
The first time I heard about smoked eggs I thought the same thing, but they are supposed to be pretty good!

Nice to know I'm not nuts, but I'll probably throw some on the smoker sometime soon!
icon_biggrin.gif

Everything tastes better smoked. Hmmm, smoked beer...I wonder.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Everything tastes better smoked. Hmmm, smoked beer...I wonder. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
John,
Funny you should mention smoked beer. There is a restaurant here (Sweetwater Tavern) that makes a "Smoked Chipotle Porter". If memory serves me correct it was quite tasty and a whopping 7%+ alcohol. So you are correct, everything tastes better smoked!

Ok, I'll tell my embarrassing story. I was in the same boat as you John...except I had some hot peanut oil in the fryer and a big ol' jar of pickled eggs in the fridge. I battered 'em up, thru 'em in the oil for about 3-4 minutes and took a bite of the most foul thing I've ever tasted. I had to give it a shot though!

My beer gets smoked in the split second it takes to leave the bottle and get swallowed while standing near an operating WSM. Any more time near smoke and the beer will warm up. (I ain't heard of cold smoking at 33F)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back