Royal Oak Bag Size

Mike_G

TVWBB Member
I rarely buy Royal Oak lump due to the fact that I stock up on Kingsford during the summer sales. But last night at Wal-Mart I noticed the Royal Oak bag size was 8.8 lbs. and I could have sworn that it came in 10 lb bags last time I bought the stuff. The price was the same - about 6.50 per bag. Anyone else notice this?

I never bought RO at WM. I buy it at Menard's which is like a HD/Lowe's.
The lump has always been 8.8Lbs there. Used to get it for 4.64 but the price has jumped up to about what you saw this year.

Tim

Mike - there was a discussion (and some 'cussin) about this on the RO Facebook page.

According to RO, the decision to go to 8.8 lb bags was based on 8.8 lb bags being the industry standard. The RO rep stated that it was the retailer who set the retail price, so basically, they passed the buck......

I just keep checking the discounts and sales and try to get the best price I can on decent charcoal and RO falls within that definition. Like Timothy, I stock up on the green bag RO when I am in Michigan in the summer if they are running their annual sale.

Pat

Sorta on this topic. Any one else notice Menard's switched from the green bag "Steakhouse Lump" to a different bag?
IMAG0551.jpg

So far I'm not impressed. Finding a lot of UN-carbonized pcs which smell like arse on a MM start-up.

Tim

8.8 lb probably due to the fact that as they say, an industry standard.

2.2 lb is exactly 1 kilogram-->so this is exactly 4 kg.

US is still behind the R.O.T.W. re: pounds vs kilograms.

We went to kg many many years ago. I STILL use pounds when I can.

After all, virtually every cookbook and recipe I have is "cook XX minutes per pound".

Back