Rotisserie Turkey

George Si

TVWBB Super Fan
Looking for opinions about doing a turkey on my older genesis with horizontal burners. I have the OneGrill roti setup. The smallest bird I could find is 11.3 lbs. what do you think, plus suggestions, ideas really appreciated. Thanks. George

Shouldn't be a problem, I have the OneGrill Roti also for my Platinum EW burners (13 bar) Genny and I did 2 15lb. turkeys last year (one at a time).

Never have done a turkey on a gasser but have done several on the roti on the kettle and have had great results. Large drip pan with veggies to catch the goodness and to make gravy with should be good!

I do at least one turkey every year on my Genesis 1000 with a rotisserie. I dry brine it the night before, put it on the roto and grill the next day and cook it at about 325 until done. I put a pan below the turkey, but I don't usually put veggies in it. I put about 1/2 to 1" of water in it to keep the moisture level up in the grill. I run the grill on only the front burner and use a V smoker box with a load of Apple wood.
Here are some photos of a 12# turkey I did on my grill last Thanksgiving. I have a 14+ pounder for Sunday Easter this weekend.

Last edited:
I like my turkey Larry. But, to be honest, I got this one for $7.50 a week after Thanksgiving. I couldn't pass it up.
I was eyeing the Ribeye Roast advertised at Aldis, but decided I didn't want to keep the bird in the freezer any longer.
I have to do a Lamb rib roast one of these days too.

Going to make rack of lamb on Sunday for my dad. Along with a first pasta course of homemade fettuccine with Bolognese

I want some.

t0sG1c6.jpg

Yep, I'm a turkey junkie got two full birds and a bone in breast in the freezer. Like to do them on the NG E320 E/W gasser on the roti with a light smoke of cherry and apple. Good stuff.

We have done several chickens and turkeys on the rotisserie of my older genesis with horizontal burners. This burner setup is actually perfect for a rotisserie. I only use the front and rear burner. I remove the grates and depending on size of the birds also the the 3 center flavorizer bars.
I also cover the center burner with aluminum foil so that the burner holes don't get clogged with dripping grease from the birds.

Back