Rotisserie motor DOA

Joe Anshien

TVWBB Platinum Member
So I picked up some rotisserie stuff yesterday from FB. I got a brand new 9890 for $25. It also had an extra 3rd party spit and motor. I got it home and plugged it in and the motor made a slight wining sound but did not turn. I decided to open it up and I found that the motor was never used but the original grease had solidified into a rock binding the gears. Check picture. With a lot of cleaning and some silicone spray it now works. It looks really good on my Genesis 5.
20210604_204008.jpg20210605_190306.jpg

I think every deep box Genesis should have a Roto.
I could not agree more. I think finding this rotisserie is really making me think about taking down the ads and keeping this one. I am imagining a turkey on this for Thanksgiving! I pretty much think every grill should have one. I now have this one, the one on the kettle, and the spare that came with this one is on the Broilmaster. Now I just need one one for the Q and WGA;-)

Yep, I had a probe attached to the wire. It is behind the turkey so you can't see it.

Or Bruce, you can reverse it. I bought a turkey one year that was too big for the rotisserie and had to do the apple pie in the Genny.

Attachments

• 4365CB3D-635C-4E5D-AB4F-2D50CC16C0E5.jpeg
    4365CB3D-635C-4E5D-AB4F-2D50CC16C0E5.jpeg
    161.4 KB · Views: 3
I don't think there has been a turkey in our oven for about 15 years. First it was frying, then it was The Big Easy® Oil-less Turkey Fryer for a bunch of years but sold it when we moved, a few on the Ronco set it and forget it as it was more portable and got them cheap used. I did do one a month ago on the kettle, and it did come out quite good, but temp management was really hard. My taking over the turkey has really helped reduce the stress on the better half. One less thing she does not need to worry about, and she has the oven and kitchen to herself. As a bonus I get to stay out of her way.

I don't think there has been a turkey in our oven for about 15 years. First it was frying, then it was The Big Easy® Oil-less Turkey Fryer for a bunch of years but sold it when we moved, a few on the Ronco set it and forget it as it was more portable and got them cheap used. I did do one a month ago on the kettle, and it did come out quite good, but temp management was really hard. My taking over the turkey has really helped reduce the stress on the better half. One less thing she does not need to worry about, and she has the oven and kitchen to herself. As a bonus I get to stay out of her way.
We have a good size kitchen so there is plenty of room for the two of us. But when it comes to holiday cooking I find the backyard, me and a grill makes for much more relaxed cooking. ;)

How long and at what temp does it take to Roto a Turkey?

Edit: Oh, I just saw Bruce 's link.

Last edited:

Back