Rotisserie for performer

Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
Rolf,
I do not know about the Weber unit, I have the Cajun reversible.
And I do not have a Performer.
I do, however, have the battery operated motor AND i did pay the 35 bucks for shipping. Was not happy to, butt i did. And I glad i have the Bandit for uses on both the kettle grills and the WSM.

Thanks Jim. I just caved an ordered the Cajun unit. after six years with the Performer, I guess it deserves it. If it's too much of a hassle, I have a 22" OTG it can go on.

Rolf

I just caved an ordered the Cajun unit
good news Rolf! I do believe you'll love it AND not regret it. I know the 35 buck-shipnote sux butt i'm over it.
Perhaps, i should have advised you earlier, you may want another motor bracket for the flip side.
Instead of using the same one they package with the ring, I ended up making my own second bracket.
By ordering a second bracket with the ring, you save BIG bucks on shipping (something I did not do). I thing the cost was 12 bucks JUST for the bracket. I email the guy and got no satisfaction.
The additional bracket, if i remember correctly, was like 7 bucks and 12 to ship.
The use of a second bracket means you can flip it ring from the WSM to your Performer WITHOUT removing the motor bracket.
live & learn... cuss & curse!

The use of a second bracket means you can flip it ring from the WSM to your Performer WITHOUT removing the motor bracket.
live & learn... cuss & curse!

No big deal. I have the 18" WSM so I should be fine.

Thanks!!!!

I have performer as well and no problems with the weber ring
Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
Why wouldn't WEBER'S rotisserie fit a Performer...?

images

the only obstacle i can see is: you can not place the lid of the Performer in the Lid-Slide

Originally posted by Ken Mc:
I have performer as well and no problems with the weber ring<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
Why wouldn't WEBER'S rotisserie fit a Performer...?

images

Slide aside lid holder works great with weber rotisserie ring. You just need to set it up so the motor is at the back of the Performer

the only obstacle i can see is: you can not place the lid of the Performer in the Lid-Slide
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My wife got me the Weber rotisserie for our Performer. At first glance, it appears well made, but it leaks badly. With my bottom vent completely closed, I'm getting 450 at the lid. That means I'll have to learn how to use less fuel to get the lower temps I like to use on a prime rib roast. I do my chickens at 350-75, as well. Kind of disappointing to me since I'm such a big Weber fan (Own: Q220, WSM new model, 2011 Performer, 22.5 Platinum, Genesis Gold 2004 model/Weber Rotisserie, and a Smokey Joe copper color, Gifted: WSM 2820, New model WSM, 22.5" Silver). The thing is out of round, so there are big gaps left and right, top and bottom are good. So less fuel should work, I'm not messing with foil or anything else.

How well does the smokenator work with the rotisserie ring. I find when i'm doing ribs on the ribolator and use the smokenator. I have to close all the vents because of the gap in the ring and bowl and the temp still wants to push up to 300F

Back