Rotisserie for genesis

DBoerner

TVWBB Member
I found a rotisserie for a genesis that is 15 years old. My question is does weber or anyone else sell just the mounting hardware to mount this to a current genesis?

Not sure if the spit from the old kit will work with a current Genesis. It has to be round in two spots in order to spin in the Genesis rotisserie grooves. Make sure it can spin first before looking for mounting hardware

The only way to get a correctly machined spit is from the Weber 7519 rotisserie kit, or the specific weber made spit from OneGrill.

Not sure if the spit from the old kit will work with a current Genesis. It has to be round in two spots in order to spin in the Genesis rotisserie grooves. Make sure it can spin first before looking for mounting hardware

The only way to get a correctly machined spit is from the Weber 7519 rotisserie kit, or the specific weber made spit from OneGrill.

If you have a spit that isn't rounded in the correct place, that problem can be fixed with a metal bushing. I believe they have them at OneGrill.

If you have a spit that isn't rounded in the correct place, that problem can be fixed with a metal bushing. I believe they have them at OneGrill.

The groove on the Genesis is pretty small. I was emailing OneGrill, and their smallest 5/16" square pit with a bushing would not work. You have to get a spit rounded at the right spots.

If its an EZ Que basket style (9891), the dimensions are all wrong for the current Genesis grills. The box on a Genesis C is 24" wide, on a new 3xx it is 27 inches wide. The old spit still fits and spins in the new box but it comes up about 2 inches short of engaging the drive motor with the 4" bracket in place. I wouldn't want to shorten the bracket because it would put the motor closer to the grill and probably make it run hotter.

Good thing is there are replacement EZ Que spindles available to lengthen the spit.

Last edited:

Back