Rotisserie Cooks

Kelly C

TVWBB Pro
I just picked up my first rotisserie for the 22” kettle and performer. What does everyone like to cook on their rotisserie? I know pork loins and chickens come to mind, but what else?

I've been wanting to do a porchetta on my rotisserie. Turkey.... maybe a leg of lamb...Duck, goose, turducken... prime rib..

This guy has a bunch of different rotisserie recipes... https://www.dadcooksdinner.com/rotisserie-index/

youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtfqqhDAwBqObEVFgrAQZpJR5kf8VSqpk

Looks like most of these videos show him cooking on a weber summit, but I think anything would work the same on the kettle. The nice thing is he shows us how to put a bunch of different things on the spit which is one of the main challenges

I just picked up my first rotisserie for the 22” kettle and performer. What does everyone like to cook on their rotisserie? I know pork loins and chickens come to mind, but what else?
As I recall a Youtube Video on this subject; Any meat/poultry that can be cooked via indirect heat is very suitable for the Rotisserie Style of Grilling.
I too recently bought my first Cajun Bandit Rotisserie Kit in which I need to get some good grilling sessions behind me with this new equipment and Rotisserie style of grilling. I am presently concentrating more on technique than what many types of meat to grill via the "spinner". For example, On my first cook a few weeks ago it took me around 1/2 hour to truss my first chicken and in the photo below it shows that half-way during the "spin" a spinning fork came out. However, the end result was one tasty bird!

Attachments

• IMG_0149.JPG
    IMG_0149.JPG
    309.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0162.JPG
    IMG_0162.JPG
    176.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
I've only done chicken multiple times and Picanha once. I probably won't be doing Picanha again. It wasn't because the rotisserie didn't cook it well, I just wasn't that impressed with the cut itself and would rather eat so many other cuts of beef over it. It sure looked pretty though. I do plan on trying Prime Rib this way sometime and maybe a pork loin.

Attachments

• IMG_3679.jpeg
    IMG_3679.jpeg
    147.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3680.jpeg
    IMG_3680.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 12
I do beef for sandwiches about once a month. French dip, Italian beef, Philly style, etc.

Wings are kinda fun to do, too.

Brined, rubbed turkey breasts. WoD won't have them any other way.

Whole pork loins opened up & stuffed with Italian sausage.

I also have a rotating wheel with 4 trays that's good for wings & ribs.

I did thighs in my new basket with the SnS set up.
KMpbUVsl.jpg

Back